Saturday 27 October 2012

My First hand made corset

Back in 1995 I was at Applecross Senior High School doing Saturday art classes. I was lucky enough to get in to the dressmaking class that was on offer and the instructor showed me how to make a custom corset from a basic bodice patter. I had a ball doing all the pattern drafting and then choosing fabric and finally constructing and producing the final garment. My brother was doing a photography unit at TAFE at the time and  I have JUST shaved my head because summer was coming, all of which lead to having these two photos taken. Yes I look grumpy, I was an angsty teenager, not to meant the amount of grief I got for shaving off all my hair, which was a purely practical action.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos and the layout is gorgeous. That corner flourish is amazing. xx Marg

    ReplyDelete