Sunday 9 June 2013

Family Album: Memories, Memories Mother

Let me start by saying these two pages were difficult to do, for a few reasons. These are a couple photos that survived of my parents wedding in June 1973, 40 years ago this past weekend. I say survived because my parents separated and divorced in 2000 when I was 21 after which my mother disposed of the "Wedding album". I had mixed feeling about doing these pages as the marriage ended, however in the end I felt it was necessary to include the event in their prospective files as it was a significant moment. In saying that, no I will not be doing a "Divorce" page for each of my parents, that would just be in bad taste.


One story I recall my mother telling me about her wedding was her mother's totally dismay of the fact that my mother is NOT wearing a wedding dress but rather an all in one cat suit with flared pant legs. I never saw the outfit as my mother was not the sentimental type, however she did keep the lace jacket that she wore over the top of the outfit. My mother was a self proclaimed tom boy and never submitted to feminine ways of make up and dresses.  All that a side she did look stunning on her wedding day, she wore that big smile the whole time from what I can recall of the photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment