Thursday 19 March 2015

Meg's Garden: Cards of Forgotten Meadows

Hello crafters and thank you for visiting my blog today. 

I have some step cards I have made with the new collection from Meg's Garden Forgotten Meadows that was released in February .

I really love the ephemera in this collection, which I really wanted to use for the cards. I am not big on the whole having "happy birthday" or " happy anniversary" on the front of the card, I like making generic cards where that information is written in on the inside to the recipient of the card. This gives me free reign to do whatever I want on the outside of the card.



For the first step card I used the Mini/card maker pack of Forgotten Meadows. I used the ephemera from the 12 inch Cut and Create page which has some wonderful ephemera.  I also used some of the Mini Rose Braid at the base of the card and the lovely paper flowers and rose buds.  The small bottles are also available as Meg's Garden and I love adding them to small cards as a bit of a feature. These two I filled with some of the ephemera rolled up. The inking around the edge of the paper is done with Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink.





For this second card I have use those wonderful paper leaves and paper flowers again, there is however this time a small white fabric Heirloom flower.  I found a Filigree Oval metal embellishment, a Tim Holtz pen nib and Word Band in my stash which works well. The edges are inked with Pumice Stone to add some contrast but not drown out that lilac in the wisteria on the paper.

I hope you like these two cards and please leave a comment or questions. Thanks for visiting my blog today.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic cards Kerry-Jean,love this new collection you designed, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete