Tuesday 24 March 2015

Meg's Garden: Forgotten Meadows Long Stitch Book


Hey all you create creatures out there reading my blog post today.

I got something new and oh so awesome for you. Well, I think it is awesome none-the-less. 

Now I have tried my hand at book making for a while and have done many coptic stitch and other binding methods before. This time I tried long stitch. I am so impressed with the outcome, I had to show you all. 
 There is a youtube clip at the end of the post that shows the whole process of making the book and it was a lot of fun.

I decided to use the Forgotten Meadows Collection and make a leather bound journal with the Long Stitch binding method. There are a few different tutorials out there, but I used this particular tutorial which seems simple and easy to do.


The two library card I put at each end of the book. Which I filled with tags and some of the journal cards that come in the kit.


I printed out three copies of the book pages from the kit. I used the line page to print of the back of all the pages too as I will use this book for notes while out and about.  






The book was the be for note taking while I was out so I didn't want to add any flowers or balky embellishing.  The book closes up nicely and will be very handy in the future. 


Remember to watch the video to see the making of the book and the final project.


Thank you so much for reading this post and I hope you like the project.

Please leave a comment or any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment