Monday 25 May 2015

Going back to 35mm Film

I was exposed to photography from a very early age, with my paternal grandad being an amature photographer and having a darkroom in his house for as long as I could remember.

I started taking my own photos when I was around 15 years old when I left South Africa. I was using my parents camera which was a Canon FT, it even had a telephoto lens. When I started high school here in Australia back in 1996 I was so lucky to be able to do photography as one of my classes, which was sooooo different to what I was used to. South African schools didn't offer some thing like that in their education system.

It wasn't until about 2006 that I decided to go digital and bought my first digital camera. Although the camera was not that cheap the use and process was as no further cost. I made the mistake though of selling my film camera, which has always been a regret of mine.

So recently I was looking at film cameras on eBay and come across a build-it-yourself Twin Lens Reflex and bought one. Then not a week later the photographic society in Adelaide had a Photography Market where I was able to find some cheap expired film which I almost didn't buy.


Three weeks later the camera arrived and I set out to put it all together, which was a little nerve wracking. 











Last week the 36 exposure film FINALLY came to an end and I could get it developed. As I have a negative scanner I didn't get prints done. I had to wait until I could scan the negs in to see what the final result was. 

Here are a few of the photos.


Twin lens Reflex

Twin lens Reflex

Twin lens Reflex

Twin lens Reflex

Head over to my flickr and check out the rest of the photos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment