Tuesday 14 July 2015

Cafe au Lait: Book Kit project

Hello crafters, creative ones and those just stopping for a read. 

I dedicate this blog post and project to the Swapp Family in Utah after their second eldest son took his own life due to depression. 

Remember: depression lies.

Cory is an example for what almost happened to me at the same age.


I have been working on the book kit from the Cafe au Lait collection.



This time I worked on a different style of binding, well not entirely different style. I did long stitch through plaster board mesh. Boy was that fun! Not! I had to redo the binding 4 times because I kept making mistakes. But in the end I was Successful! And it looks pretty awesome to boot. 



I kept the cover simple and plain because I tend to take my books/journals out with me. If they have stuff on the cover after a couple trips all of the prettiest would have been ripped off. So I went with a more practical approach. A Simple book plate from Tim Holtz


I used both the original pages from the book kit as well as the alternate ones that were released last week. Have a watch of the youtube video of the flip through to see how I did the pages. 






Remember to comment or leave a question and as always Happy crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment